free website stats program Bad ECM 09 Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad ECM 09 Street Glide

RRHHD

My ECM is bad on my 09 Street Glide. I was told it should be covered under the Emissions control warranty. The bike has 4200 miles on it. Any thoughts

If a CAT is only under warranty for 18 months, I sure don't see an ECM being covered for a longer time. If the dealer does cover it for free, it's out of the goodness of their hearts.

Delphi ECM's are bullet-proof. Your sure it's bad?

yes, you can tap on it and several different problems occur. I was told it was 18,000 miles for emissions warranty. If it is 18 months I guess I'm out of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Service managers have a lot of leeway when it comes to warranty claims and can warranty something when it is actually out of warranty. You just never know & it's worth a try.

Service managers have a lot of leeway when it comes to warranty claims and can warranty something when it is actually out of warranty. You just never know & it's worth a try.

This is a Very GOOD point, Jeff and I witnessed St Paul H D Warranty his clutch cable because of weeping out of the Transmission cover:s

Most computers are covered by OEM warranty for 1-yr, but the internal components (i.e. video card, RAM, motherboard) are covered by their manufacturer for up to 5-years. I say - good to giver it a try b/c it could be covered by someone's warranty.

If its not covered and you have to pay if it were me,I would do some research on thundermax and maybe consider going that direction versus HD ecm...just a thought..

Back