free website stats program Backfire issue when starting | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Backfire issue when starting

Just thought I would provide an update on my issue. I purchased a new SE compensator from Zanotti's several weeks ago. Haven't had time to work on it thru the Holiday's but now that that's all past us I will be making an attempt to get it installed. I'm sure I'll have a few questions so be expecting some "dumb" ones! :D

Just thought I would provide an update on my issue. I purchased a new SE compensator from Zanotti's several weeks ago. Haven't had time to work on it thru the Holiday's but now that that's all past us I will be making an attempt to get it installed. I'm sure I'll have a few questions so be expecting some "dumb" ones! :D

No such thing - besides, I used them all up!

OK, I completed this project today without a problem. The biggest issue was grinding out the case some to allow room for the new compensator. Actually I had to grind it out to get the old one out. But just took my time and it finally came out. Took it out for a short spin afterwords and things seem to be working just fine. Still a little eary to tell if it fixed the problem completely but it sure does sound different and appears it will fix the problem.

Now, I promised a dumb question...Why did I wait so long to do this?

Back