free website stats program Backfire at start up.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Backfire at start up....

Lang

hello, i still cant figure this out. i sometimes get a backfire when i start my bike after its warmed up. i checked for exhaust leaks couldnt find any. no intake leaks. what else could it be. thanks

lang

hello, i still cant figure this out. i sometimes get a backfire when i start my bike after its warmed up. i checked for exhaust leaks couldnt find any. no intake leaks. what else could it be. thanks

lang

Is it exhaust gas in the muffler? or is it a Kick back thru the intake?

Big difference...

Can you go into more detail?

What is done to the bike.. List ALL Modifications..

signed....BUBBIE

sounds like a big pop out of the exhaust not intake and not everytime. its a 883 with a 1250 big bore kit. screamin eagle II slip ons, twin tec adjustable ignition in the nose cone, arlen ness big sucker stage 2 a/c, andrew n4 cams, screamin eagle coil, stock heads. like i said after i drive for a bit and it gets warmed up real good and i shut it down and restart it will pop out of the exhaust. not everytime. thanks

yes it is the 1005 and yes i am running dual fire mode. i never thought of that. i do have a single fire coil but havent installed it. maybe i will try that. it does make sense. thanks

Lang

Could be hot spots on the tops of the pistons, try some seafoam in the gas:s

Model 1005? If so are you running single or dual fire mode. Running dual fire mode increases your chances for issues like the one you are having.

GOOD Call Hoop,,,, The single fire will Probably solve the problem...Plus not wasting a spark..
Extra gas vapors will cause the problem especially with Duel fire set-ups on start-up..

Been thar done that type of thing......

signed....BUBBIE

My bike used to do this for a long time, until I properly tuned it with correct jetting and setting the mixture, along with a Dyna 2ki in the nose cone.

Back