free website stats program Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter on 08 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter on 08 Ultra

Vibratinharley

On an 08 Ultra, when you install the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air filter kit, Do you have to remove the bracket that connects from throttle body to cylinders like you do when you install the SE air filter? Anybody? I am having problems with the front bolt not seating properly and seem to have lost instructions. Something just does not seem right.

I believe you do remove it or you end up breaking the breather where it bolts to the head. Not sure on this , I haven't installed one on an 08 which is a different unit than past ones. Have you tried the AN web page for instructions?

I believe you do remove it or you end up breaking the breather where it bolts to the head. Not sure on this , I haven't installed one on an 08 which is a different unit than past ones. Have you tried the AN web page for instructions?

Yeah, I was actually gonna send their tech support an email because I couldn't find any help on their site. I was hoping that somebody here had this setup. I did read your bulletin on the SE setup which was good info and got me thinking about the bracket in regards to the AN.
Do you think SE is better? I was thinking about switching to the SE one which is more expensive but if it works and fits better might be an option. Thanks again for your help!!!

I like the SE better, I've heard of quite a few problems with the AN breaking at the attachment points.

Back