free website stats program Arizona trip in May / June | Harley Davidson Forums

Arizona trip in May / June

shaker

I read the post of the Arizona trip from Canada - great information. I'm planning a trip in late May / early June to the Flagstaff Sedona area and would like to rent a bike for a few days. Any suggestions on dealers? Weather tips? Thanks.

If you belong to the national HOG you can book through there and I think you get a much better rate on rentals than if you go through a locacl dealer. I beleive you have to book 2 or 3 weeks in advance to get the reduced rate.

For the best rides I would stick with the Harley Dealers or Eagle Rider. Much neewer rides and more of a selection.

I used a local rental shop and was not pleased with the condition of the bikes.

Don't forget 89A from Flagstaff all the way down to Wickenburg. Ohhhh what a ride...... Points of ineterest, Oak Creek Canyon, red rock county in Sedona, Jerome and a must stop in the Spirit Room, Whiskey Row in Prescott. Great ride, great country. Enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestions - no GPS yet, but I've been thinking about getting one. I got 'bewildered' once in NYC. Using the sun for direction wasn't much help.

Shaker I am going down to Arizona around that time myself. The dates are somewhat up in the air right now as I am going to see my son,he is serving overseas right now but should be back to his duty station around then.I am thinking about taking the bike but again haven't worked out any details.

Just did a rental Road King around Maui last week. Windy road and high cliffs. I think I left a hole in the seat where my butt was hanging on!

Check out Grand Canyon HD. They have tons of good stuff. The are a HOG fly & ride site too. Their number is 928-774-3896.

Back