free website stats program Anyone using Sears yellow lift on sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone using Sears yellow lift on sportster

hdrocks

On 2009C, I can get the lift under the bike but am not sure if I have it positioned in the right spot. I can raise the bike, and both tires are off the ground and looks balanced. However, the kickstand is in the way and so it sits on the lift's right saddle. Looking from the behind, the bike seems little leaning toward the right. The lift does not sit on the bike's frame but rather on the kickstand and the back of the muffler. Anyone using this lift on 2009 sportster?

I too have a 2009 Sportster and was wondering the same things. I was planning to buy one of the Sears lifts too. When I looked under the frame I see 2 parallel channels one which seems to run to the jiffy stand. They seem like locating points for a lift but also don't seem to be a the balance point. I would like the same questions answered as you posed before I buy this lift. Certainly don't want to have the bike end up in my lap while working on it.

Will be interested in what the forum members have to say.

Alan

i've used a lowes brand jack and it worked awesome, your right the kickstand is in the way, unlike a full size bike, i placed it in front of the kickstand and it lifted level,
you have to tinker with it to see whats safest to you , i use the strap on it aswell.

On 2009C, I can get the lift under the bike but am not sure if I have it positioned in the right spot. I can raise the bike, and both tires are off the ground and looks balanced. However, the kickstand is in the way and so it sits on the lift's right saddle. Looking from the behind, the bike seems little leaning toward the right. The lift does not sit on the bike's frame but rather on the kickstand and the back of the muffler. Anyone using this lift on 2009 sportster?

HDRocks, do you have pictures so we can see how it fits...(make sure you have the straps on and check balance point carefully to make sure that maybe you can lift it so it clears the kickstand (just curious if positioning the balance point forward a bit would help...sight unseen)?

Sure, I will try again and take some pictures. After trying out different positions, I was able to have both tires off the floor, and it looks stable enough. I am just not sure if the lift saddles are properly positioned under the bike, as they are not under the bike's frame (where the kick stand is attached to the fraeme sits on one of the saddles).

I have that jack. It took some trial and error but i got it to work fine. At first it sprung my jiffy spring across the shop. After installing the security siren i had to shift it over some and started using straps. It's a great jack!

On my 2003 Sportster I had a real bear of a time getting a stable jacking point.

I resorted to cutting a length of 1” thick board that would miss the exhaust and made a notch in front to clear the jiffy stand. This acted as a spacer and supported the frame on crossmember saddles.

Last edited:
I resorted to cutting a length of 1” thick board that would miss the exhaust and made a notch in front to clear the jiffy stand. This acted as a spacer and supported the frame on crossmember saddles.

That's a GREAT idea. I have the same issue with my 09 Dyna Low. Jiffy stand is in the way and your lifting the bike from the oil sump and crushing cables if your not careful.. The Harley orange plastic blocks are a pain to use. It would have been so easy to add a couple of steel 1" X 4" plates to the bottom frame rails from the on-set of production but they didn't.

Going to try the wood board idea. Good Tip! Tks

On my 2003 Sportster I had a real bear of a time getting a stable jacking point.

Delmar, when you get a chance and if you can, pleae post some pictures what the board looks like and where the bike sits on the lift. I knew there was someone like you here who is creative.

Sorry, both the bike and board are history. Only the jack remains.

It’s really not that much of an engineering project, just cut a hunk of wood a few inches wider than the frame rails and a few inches longer than the saddles. If anything hanging down interferes with the board just notch out that section.

I feel it was more of a work of desperation than creativity. Thanks for the complement anyway.

Back