free website stats program anyone tried these??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

anyone tried these???

Well I ordered a set this evening with the 2" baffles. shipping out of Daytona Fl. Should be here around Tuesday or Wednesday.

Well the mufflers arrived Thursday afternoon late. I removed the existing mufflers and got everything ready to install the new ones. Wanted to put them on Thursday but 4:00 AM comes too early. Installed them yesterday evening when I got home from work.
Got to say that the packaging is great. Mufflers individually in plastic bags and heavily wrapped in bubble wrap. Then placed in heavy duty cardboard box that the mufflers fit snug and secure in.
Installation was a breeze since I already had the old mufflers off and slipping over the pipes was no problem at all.
They do in fact have a very low toned rumble sound. At idle they are not too loud but no where close to quiet either. Going through the gears ther are easily heard by Anyone in a vehicle around you. I passed 8-10 cars at speeds between 50-65 mph and every time I saw the driver of the vehicle I was passing looking in their side view mirror before my front wheel was 2 car links from their left tail light. On a scale of 1 - 10 on loudness I would say a 7 1/2 at 55-65 mph. At idle, maybe a 6 - 6 1/2.
Performance seems fine. No popping on decel, takes gas with ease. No rich burning smell. Exhaust smells "clean". I only got to test ride for 22 miles. Time will tell as to how my MPG turn out and a few inspections of the new spark plugs I put in on Thursday.
I will make a video of my scooter (2005 EFI FLHTCI) running and see if I can figure out how to post it here.

Back