free website stats program Anyone on facebook? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone on facebook?

Facebook is a time eater. I go there more than I want to only because I have this Facebook App called 60 Photos. The way it works is ( if you're not familiar with it) that whenever a friend of yours posts some pictures online you get a notification of that posting. So, I check out the notification and wind up looking at a lot of photo's of both family & friends. You can either say you "like" it of you can "pass" on your comment. So in a way it is interesting to see what friends and family are up to but for the most part I don't ever hardly log on there. This forum and an RV forum that I recently joined when I bought our motor home consumes a lot of my free time. Too much sometimes!

I understand that! I do keep my friends list low, only have friends that I have met in person or have known from message boards. Those from message boards I recognize by their username or some other way, and would call them a friend in person.

What I don't like about facebook is the friend requests from people I don't know at all, and I delete those. Take for instance, I just received a friend request from some guy named Todd....No message with the request to let me know who he is. The request will be deleted and not accepted.

I guess I just don't get the draw of facebook. The idea of seeing these message board friends post about what they're doing just goes over my head. It must the voyeur aspect of watching people you really don't know. Some folks like to people watch, whatever floats your boat. Staying in touch with family, it could be an easy way to do that. Same for friends you have met face to face. But I use e-mail and phone calls to do that.

On facebook, mostly family and friends. About the only way to keep up with what the family is into. I'll look you up.

I have FB and like it ..I use it to keep in touch with friends and to organize rides..

I started using Facebook so that I could have a business page. All I wanted was a business page but from what I could figure I couldn't just have a business page. I am sure there is a way to have just a business only account but I couldn't figure it out so I built my individual page in order to get a business page.

Facebook isn't exactly a good vehicle for that..It seems that everybody/business feels compelled to have a page.
Although it does put your business out there to be seen. I think you get much more and effective advertising here

Facebook is mainly for personal stuff..

Last edited by a moderator:
This post was almost 5 years ago.Tigg sent me a friend request. I met him and his wife 2 years ago. AND last year...AND They came to Florida last week and visited...I couldn't ride because of my wreck this past January, so we stayed at my place for several hours and visited. They are no longer invisible friends but REAL friends that not only I see but other people around me see them also! LOL!!!
Tigg also has another friend he met on this message board. I wonder how many of the naysayers have changed their mind about FB?

My facebook account gets used once a year to say happy birthday to my niece I do get some facebook requests and suggestions but I already have to many people on there that I do not wish to interact with
As I was in a Scottish infantry regiment for 25 years lots of ex members seem to think we ought to be friends

Brian

Back