free website stats program Anyone lower their 2009 Street Glide frontend? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone lower their 2009 Street Glide frontend?

Finally lowered the rear of my wife's 09 FLHX. She is now comfortable enough to ride to work, back it out of her parking spot, and enjoy the ride.

I used progressive shocks, and put them on in about 1/2 hour.

Hi
Out of curiosity, how tall is your wife? I just bought the 09 SG after riding an 06 Deluxe for that last three years. At 5'3" I'm on tip toe even with the "ugly" Reach Seat and looking to lower the bike. My husbands 07 SG actually seems lower than mine. Just wanted to know if all the changes you made helped your wife.

I was looking at the Fatbagger lowering kit they have but that seemed extreme compared to lowering the front and rear with progressive and progressive air or the legend system.

How's the ride after you made the changes? Is she flat footed now?

Also, anyone change the handlebars on the SG for a better ergo than the OEM bars? Last three fingers on the right hand get numb on long rides.

Thanks.
Sharon

That FBI setup is nice looking.

3" DROP SEAT CONVERSION FOR 2009 HARLEY TOURING MODELS, KIT INCLUDES, POWDERCOATED SUBFRAME ASSEMBLY,LEFT & RIGHT SIDECOVERS, UNPAINTED.WE ALSO OFFER THEM PAINTED. BATTERY BOX, TSM MOUNT, FUSE BOX MOUNT, & CUSTOM TWO UP SEAT. REQUIRES ADDIONAL KIT FOR ABS MODELS.

All that for just $1799.00 :D

yhst-81226325006369_2055_21962843

yhst-81226325006369_2055_22214231

Lower jiffy stand or wedge for lowered 09 street glide?

I bought a 2009 Street Glide. It definitely sits up higher than the 08 model. So, I did have my front end lowered using the HD front fork lowering kit. I then chose the 1" lowering brackets for the rear shocks from eglidegoodies.com as they do not push out the shocks, therefore, there is no requirement to re-align the saddlebags. Now, however, I need to find a wedge or lower jiffy stand to allow my bike to lean more than it does now with the standard jiffy stand. The kit that I received from Harley for the front forks did not come with a smaller stand. Any suggestions anyone?

Back