free website stats program Anyone ever hit a small animal????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone ever hit a small animal?????

Here in Michigan the squirrels are getting ready to hibernate. They are all over the place. They will run out into the street and stop debating should I go across or should I go back. The best thing to do is just keep on going. They will run one way or the other. The thing to watch is the cage in front of you. She will probably stop for the squirrel so be prepared.

Hit a large groundhog at around 35. Like post above, didn't have time to react and simply rode right over it. Just a bump, but it sure got the old ticker going.

Hit a large coon (15/20lbs) after passing a cage on a 2 lane rd.. Had time to move right when the coon decided to move back where it came and right in front of the bike. Centered punched it and knocked it 30/40 ft. in front of the bike. My 94 FLSTC shook twice and then strightened out. I did not use the brakes and the 700+lb bike and I came out shaken but fine.

I've hit 3 dogs. The first one I was going about 50 on a country road. I don't remember what type of dog it was and I really didn't have time to get a good look at it, but it was probably an 80 pound dog. He came running out at my buddy who was riding in front and when couldn't get him he turned and headed straight at me. I kept a steady speed and let him come, then at the last second I leaned ever so slightly to the right, kept my feet firmly on the pegs, hit the throttle and braced for impact. I had crash bars and that's what save me. The impact was hard enough to knock loose and bend the peg on my crash bars, but I didn't go down.
The other 2 dogs where both at the same time. a black lab and another (looked like pit/rot) ran out from a yard. I told my wife "FEET UP!" and went between 'em. Again I had crash bars and hit one in the head and one in the rear.
Just remember, if you HAVE to hit something, NEVER slam your breaks, especially your front.

i had just washed the bike, then came the "riding of the riding of the bike" ritual (I always have to ride it after spending all that time cleaning and polishing).
Hit a bunny rabbit at well over 100 M.P.H. .......what a mess! I won't go into details.....lets just say I was still find pieces, and baked on residue after several cleanings!:bigsmiley28:

I had a good one about three weeks ago. I was on my way into work, running late and there was patchy fog so against better judgement I was moving along rather quickly:s. Anyway I passed a couple cars cause they were way too slow and no fog in that area but as I got about 1/4 mile passed I hit a fog bank and about 100 feet in the was a road kill deer in the road right in front of me! It was pretty mangled but still about a foot tall so I puckered my butt and held on tight, it ramped over and bounced me at least a foot off the seat but when we came down I was on two wheels! Dont know how but I made it out alive, just had a lot of cleaning to do, and I'm still trying to pull my underwear out:(

The very first time I rode my bike, on the way home from the dealer, I hit a ground hog. Then, I nearly hit another not 3-4 miles down the road.

I just had to laugh, there were 27 bikes all roaring along, when one of the ladies near the front signals and pulls over, as we all get stopped, she's jumping around, totally freaked out, yelling..."baby ducks go POP, yuk." Just thinking about it again makes me smile.

I hit a big turtle once, felt like Evil Kenival (NOT!) It was early evening, the sun was just setting...you know how the shadows start to get longer, just before dark? Any came around a curve and didn't see him in the shadow, untill I was on top of him. There was no time to break, which I'm thinking was a good thing as I hadn't quite straighted up out of the curve yet. As the front wheel came off the ground I felt the bike "twitch" (can't think of a better word?) and just yanked the handle bars straight again...I'm still not sure how it happended but the bike landed straight and didn't go down.

I'm also not sure how I didn't wet myself of have a heart attack! I pulled over and as soon as I got the kickstand down I started shaking so bad it was crazy. It was my 1st ride after going down and I couldn't believe I was OK. My friend that was riding behind me said that I took 20 years off his life.

Oh, and I had turtle GUTS on my bike and pants! YUK!

Back