Anyone else have love bugs?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Harley Cruiser, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Harley Cruiser

Harley Cruiser Member

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Experienced Member Contributor

Wow, good thing you have a windshield.

3. liquid_wrench

liquid_wrench Junior Member Contributor

Looks like a job for mist n shine.....lol

4. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

O my! What a mess.. and yes the LB's are a scourge here along the gulf coast but they a re too bad so far this year. We get them twice a year spring and fall.
    An easy way to remove them is a dryer sheet like bounce (any brand), wet it and the windshield and rub gently, you will be amazed.
    Next, rinse, rinse ,rinse, or you will end up with a white powder on everything.
    Treat your windshield with pledge and the bugs will come off easier.;)

Jeff Klarich likes this.
  5. jamesearl

jamesearl Well-Known Member

Looks like you plowed thru a cloud of locust's! What do they taste like?;)

6. popawcritter

popawcritter New Member

I lived in Florida years ago, before I ever had a windshield on a bike. I have no love for love bugs.

7. I.B.E.

I.B.E. Banned

still living in florida and this year the love bugs were so bad you couldnt even walk in and out of the house without letting them little (EDIT) in. my bike has looked just like that but i get them off as soon as i stop. went to high octane bar and had them give me a towel so i could clean them off as soon as i got there,and did them same when i got home. this year i did not ride for there season just didnt want the hassel. by the way you will love the taste of them hahaha

Edited for language

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2019
  8. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

Using Pledge on your bike everywhere but the seat (don't recommend it very slick) will help ease the LB removal