free website stats program Anyone else feel this way? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I'll leave it at that:D

I have issues with people who come to our country and say the phrase Merry Christmas offends them. But when it is time to celebrate Eid ul-Fitr or Diwali (Muslim, Hindu) and we say anything, we are infringing on their civil liberties. I'm still trying to figure how the liberals justify that thats ok. :eam

I lived in Trinidad for 3 years, the population is mostly Hindu, Muslim, and Christian. They have the right idea, eveyone celebrates ALL the holidays. And of course EVERYONE celebrates Carnival. These different faiths live together on a tiny island and not only don't feel the need to kill each other, but party like animals TOGETHER! :D

BTW Carnival is a hoot!:yes

Hey, I say Merry Christmas but if someone else wants to say Happy Holidays that's their right. Just like we always say it doesn't matter what someone else thinks about your bike or your gear, same applies here. To me, Happy Holidays covers everything from Halloween to the end of college bowl season!

Peace on Earth and good will towards all men, regardless of their religous or political beliefs...:dude

hate to break it to everyone... but Christmas is actually a Pagan holiday.

I don't think Hay zoos would like you being on your best behavior simply for a fat man in a red suit with facial hygiene problems.

The U.S. and Canada are christian countries. We are not Muslims or Hindus. If all these foreigners want to celebrate their religions I wish they would keep it to themselves. I don't want to hear about it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone

Actually the US goverment has no religious preference.. We have separation of church and state...

So therefore, every religion has the right to "celebrate" their own way...

From Constitutional Topic: The Constitution and Religion - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

"In the end, the 1st Amendment not only prevents the establishment of a national religion, but it also prohibits government aid to any religion, even on an non-preferential basis, as well as protecting the right of the individual to choose to worship, or not, as he or she sees fit."

You may not want to hear about, but it's EVERY citizen right to do it... Maybe we don't want to hear about the way you celebrate your religion. And why do you automatically assume they are foreigners... So, by you definition anyone that does not have your "christian religious" views, they are a foreigner. I guess that includes anyone that is a citizen. That therefore includes a Hindu family that has been here for 5 generations.. That includes, by your own statement any American Indians. And we all know they are foreigners... And unless you are an American Indian, that makes you a foreigner.

Since the American Indians have lived in this country longer than any other group, and since all other groups are foreigners, shouldn't we be conforming to their religious beliefs? Aren't we the foreigners? Maybe we need to stop pressing our religious views on others...

We all have freedom of religion. What makes your religion the be all end all for this country??

Again, from the Constitutional Topic: The Constitution and Religion website..

In the end, many supporters of the Constitution, including one of the most prominent, James Madison, agreed to support a bill of rights in the Constitution, if it could be ratified.

Several of the states included suggested amendments, including rights of the people, in their ratification documents. The push was on for a bill of rights in the Constitution. Madison was true to his word - on June 8, 1789, Representative James Madison rose and gave a speech in the House where he introduced a series of articles of amendment. One concerned religious freedom:

The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed.

On that note...

Happy and Merry whatever you celebrate!

Last edited:
Guys and gals,

Let's not turn this thread into a political/religious debate. :s

The political forum was removed for good reasons.

It's time to be happy and celebrate Christmas.

Thanks

So, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.:newsmile018::lolrolling ( Think I'll dig out my copy of the Christmas Story and get all warm and fuzzy when Ralphie gets his BB gun (and doesn't shoot his eye out.)To each his own - just don't mess with mine.:cheers

Last edited:
Back