free website stats program Anyone doing this | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone doing this

Anyone besides me use Nitrogen gas in place of most of the air in your tires? Alledgedly, doesn't require the frequent pressure checks of the past. Dealer puts on green stem caps to alert others. Sweet :bigsmiley13: I use Nitrogen in my 09 EGC, my wife's 09 SG and all of our vehicles. :naughty Any thoughts? Not expensive either. :D

I've never used nitrogen in my bike tires,although I don't know why. We used nitrogen for years in the racecar because in long races when the tire temperayure would increase drastically the nitrogen would keep the pressure from increasing more than 10-15lbs. as opposed to air which would increase 40-50lbs.which causes phenominal blowouts

I've never used nitrogen in my bike tires,although I don't know why. We used nitrogen for years in the racecar because in long races when the tire temperayure would increase drastically the nitrogen would keep the pressure from increasing more than 10-15lbs. as opposed to air which would increase 40-50lbs.which causes phenominal blowouts

i will say the tire pressure hold lot more constant in the suv we have that has nitrogen vs the new on that doesnt

Interesting. The searches on Google indicated for the most part, positive too. I asked about putting same in the air shocks :) but after they laughed, they told me the shocks have oil in them too so-o-o, I didn't. I'm no mechanic (duh!) so, good advise for dummies like me. :42:

Interesting. The searches on Google indicated for the most part, positive too. I asked about putting same in the air shocks :) but after they laughed, they told me the shocks have oil in them too so-o-o, I didn't. I'm no mechanic (duh!) so, good advise for dummies like me. :42:

google oil and nitrogen add a couple of unwanted ingrediant and you have an interesting mixture.No seriously the nitrogen is a dry gas and it will separate the oil and break it down causing leakage.

Back