free website stats program Anybody rented a bike in Hawaii | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody rented a bike in Hawaii

gator508

Experienced Member
Stacee and I are going to Hawaii in April and thought we may get in a little riding while we are there. We're thinking that we may ride Oahu. Any suggestions...thanks!

Take me, and I will give you all the information I have. :D

But seriously, my cousin lives there, I will message him and ask him what he recommends. (When I was there in 2010, he had a Porsche, so he should know some good roads. ;) He took me on a tour to a bunch of great spots, but I only had 11 hours on my layover to Fiji, but I liked it so much, that I rerouted my return trip to stay a couple of more days.

If you have the time, I know he will say to plan on going to Kauai. Our plan was for me to transfer to Kauai and then we would trade houses for vacations. :) That plan hasn't came to fruition as of yet, but someday. He took me surfing, had me actually up on the board, albeit briefly. ( I would have surfed more, but that was brutal getting myself paddled out to the good waves using only my arms.)But Ted's on the North Shore was great food, (must get pie) and not generally too touristy.

I will let you know what I find out.

Ha-ha-ha Thanks Joy. We are doing 7 days by boat and 3 by land, so we will be in Oahu for 2 days and 1 day on the return.
Any info would be helpful, thanks!:)

We woke up this morning, our first day in Hawaii, it sure is early, back home we are 5 hours ahead. A long flight and we were exhausted last night. but looking forward to today. We are doing an all day Pearl Harbor tour. More to follow, it sure is pretty here!

We woke up this morning, our first day in Hawaii, it sure is early, back home we are 5 hours ahead. A long flight and we were exhausted last night. but looking forward to today. We are doing an all day Pearl Harbor tour. More to follow, it sure is pretty here!
We did the Pearl Harbour tour last year.
I found it amazing and thought provoking and humbling all at the same time.
Was too scared to even attempt to ride a bike in a strange country and on the "wrong" side of the road.

Just watch where and when you take photos---

Aloha Ya'll, We have been onboard Pride of America for 2 days now, the Islands are amazing. We are currently in port at Maui, what a beautiful island. We went to Haleakala National Park which is a volcano on Maui. Took a tour to 800 feet short of the summit which is at 10,023 feet. What an amazing view. We were lucky to have a clear day and could see the big 50 miles away and 2 other. islands as well. We off to the "big island this evening. I will try to download my camera this evening to post some photos. We are having the time of ours lives. More to follow Aloha!!!

Hawaii is beautiful!!! I haven't had any luck getting in touch with my cousin, he has been living large and travelling all over the world. He was in New Zealand, Austrailia, and I think he may be in Mexico now! Good for him. :)

Regardless, it looks like you guys are doing just fine finding entertainment. ;)

Aloha!! No we didn't fall overboard but my gateway was on the fritz when we arrived home, got it replaced so we are back on-line. As previously stated we had a wonderful time in Hawaii, it was all we hoped it would be and more. A fact or two, there is no longer any sugar cane production in the islands, given the price of land it's more profitable to sell the land to developers than cultivation. Sugar cane has gone to 3rd world countries. Pineapple, Dole is the sole producer and is ~ one percent of what it used to be in acres farmed. They currently have only about 2000 acres in production, also gone to 3rd world countries. Chickens, feral chickens are a growing problem, they are everywhere, I think Hawaii needs a Chik-Filet, KFC, and Popeyes to help.
Enough of that, we got lots of pics so I'll be posting over the next several days...enjoy!

Attachments

• Diamond Head.JPG
    Diamond Head.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Haleakala summit 10,200ft.JPG
    Haleakala summit 10,200ft.JPG
    767.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Mighty Mo.JPG
    Mighty Mo.JPG
    639 KB · Views: 11
  • our cruise boat.JPG
    our cruise boat.JPG