free website stats program Any sugestions for Muflers 2008 Night rod Special | Harley Davidson Forums

Any sugestions for Muflers 2008 Night rod Special

hkhajah

Hi Guys,
Im new here and i was wondering if you can help me choose which muflers to put on my new 2008 Night Rod Special, please note that it has those new sensors on the pipes. All i found was the Vance & Hines Pipe for 2008. I am also not familiar with the breather , should i change it?? Its a complete new system to me, i have a screaming eagle electra glide and i know what to do with that bike , but this is totaly different.

Thank you

Take a look at the Supertrapp Fatshots. They are slip-ons delivering great performance, sound, and a perfect NRS appearance. The tunable disks enable a nice FI match. Supertrapp tech recommended at my altitude keeping ten discs. Outstanding. At lower elevations I've heard eight or nine discs are just right.

dxsilverheels.jpg

it looks nice... and i know they add horspower, but the sound, u sure it sounds good, cause im just gona take your advice for it if you herd it. But realy they look nice....

What about the air filter, usually on normal harley stock bikes we change the air filter for it to breath better, is it the same with the Vrod ?? and if yes then any suggestions... Thank you

I ride a Road King also so know all about exhaust music and the Stage 1 upgrades.

The Fatshots have a nice deep tone with volume. IMO, better than some of the aftermarket V-Rod exhausts that are loud. Personally, loud V-Rods don't sound good imo. Very raw and barky. The Fatshots are just right, but this is me. You can hear them midway through this ride I recorded on the NRS...

http://www.farson.com/video/dxjuniper.wmv

I kept the stock air cleaner. I'm content to keep the V-Rod under 135mph. If you upgrade the intake you might have to modify the FI also via SERT or PCIII. It is possible Supertrapp could give you a disc configuration that will work for your location along with an air filter kit mod. To be sure, the NRS I have now, with the Fatshots only, is a perfectly tuned bike with a performance edge I'll never use, and FWIW, I also ride race bikes.

hkhajah, I responded yesterday to all your questions, with a link to a helmet cam ride I made so you can hear the exhaust, but the post hasn't been approved yet ?!?

This is the only site I've been to, out of maybe 50 motorcyling forums, where there is a moderator wait for this kind of approval. Normally, the membership is the eyes/ears for bad posts and moderators are alerted immediately.

hkhajah, I responded yesterday to all your questions, with a link to a helmet cam ride I made so you can hear the exhaust, but the post hasn't been approved yet ?!?

This is the only site I've been to, out of maybe 50 motorcyling forums, where there is a moderator wait for this kind of approval. Normally, the membership is the eyes/ears for bad posts and moderators are alerted immediately.

Your post has been approved and yes all member always help us watching and reported any bad posts/thread,was your post in moderation list for some reason and we do auto moderation for good reason too.
Thanks sfarson for your information. :hii

Back to the topic now.

Thank you sfarson you've been a great help, i have orderd the fatshots, i like the look and hope the sound is good enough.... Thank you

You won't be disappointed. Many DX owners at other communities are quite enthused with this exhaust... performance, sound, and appearance. It has it all imo.

Thank you sfarson you've been a great help, i have orderd the fatshots, i like the look and hope the sound is good enough.... Thank you

Make sure you let us know what you think after you have fitted them. I am in the same vote, looking for a good sound, but I like the look of the original mufflers.

Back