free website stats program Any plans for a long trip this summer? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any plans for a long trip this summer?

I went to Sturgis last summer alone. Ran down to Denver for quick visit with family then home. Total 5692 miles. It wasn't enough. I'm going again this year. Just take my time and stay off the interstates to enjoy this country. Did both camping and every 3 days took a day in a motel to "Clean up and sleep good." Helps refresh. Found that I enjoyed Beef Jerky in my jacket pocket and plenty of water on the bike. Good luck and watch out for those not watching out for you.

Looking forward to the trip, have not been since 2000, used to go every year when I lived in Minnesota:s

my dad and I are going to niagara falls then who knows from there. we have about two weeks to do it in.

Hope to make it back to Conesville, IA. The circle of pride puts on one heck of a good show. 7 -8 thousand dikers just doing there thing for four days!!!!!

Goin to Sturgis again, though this time slicing all the way down Idaho and going east thru Yellowstone then to Sturgis from 11th on, staying in Rapid City and the weekend in Deadwood. Only a 3.5k trip, so not quite a long trip, but it'll have to do....:D

Dirk

i want to take a trip over the north cascades hyw in washington from spokane to belingham and down the sound maybe accross the olympic penn. we'll see... have been thinking about sturgis though too.

i want to take a trip over the north cascades hyw in washington from spokane to belingham and down the sound maybe accross the olympic penn. we'll see... have been thinking about sturgis though too.

harley
if you are up in that area and you have time, it is also great to go over the Monashee mountains in B.C. take hyw 6 out of Vernon and just go. great ride and i miss it

Thinking of going from Indiana to Washington State to visit my daughter. Am retired so time is something I have plenty of. Haven't really planned yet as there is still 2 feet of snow on the ground. Will probably stay in motels as my bones don't like the ground much anymore. Plan to take my time and see some sights along the way. Traveled around the world in the Navy but haven't seen much of the USA. It's time.

Been there done that! Great ride!!! You want to hit Chuckanut Drive on the waterfront from Mt Vernon to Bellingham. Especially if you like twisty. I think the tight one is posted at 5 mph.

If you go all that way might as well jump on the ferry at Anacortes and go ride on Orcas and San Juan.

the only disppointment for me on that ride these days is 3 Fingered Jack's in Winthrop is now a pizza place with kids playing pinball. Used to be the coolest biker bar in the NW. Sad loss!

Back