free website stats program Any Noticeable Difference in a K & N Aifilter | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Noticeable Difference in a K & N Aifilter

lionsm53

Banned
I know that K & N airlfilters last a lifetime. That's a given. I'm just wondering if that there is any noticeable difference between the stocker and the K & N as far as performance or possibly better gas milage on a fuel injected glide? Anyone know or have any first hand experience, between the 2?

If you are talking the K&N put into the stock box,no difference in performance.

the one that fits in stock box no performance increase ya can feel .. just a lot better filter

I replaced my stock Air Filter with a K&N, for a couple of reasons. After seeing the filter media of both filters first hand I think the K&N will breath better, and second I like the ability to clean & reuse the K&N. My bike seems to run better after I made the change... IMO.

IMHO, you are not going to get any better performance just by putting in a K&N filter, I will say I think it is a better filter than a stock filter, but you probably will not feel a power difference just by changing it.

If size wise is comparable, difference between new filters would be minimal at best, as the a/c housing/airbox is the restricting factor when bike is new that it was tuned to at the factory. That said, if you increase the volume of airflow by physically changing the a/c housing or airbox size...the airflow changes in direction and volume will be the primary driver for actual performance, not necessarily the filter media...

Back