free website stats program any ideas | Harley Davidson Forums

any ideas

chase1

My 2000 rd king has the magnetti morelli fuel injection system and the previous owner put on a stage 1 a/c kit. The issue is that now, where the backing plate scres into the support bracket, has one of the dog ear type tabs broken off and then to add insult to injury the support bracket has broken.

I only want the support bracket, but find I must buy the entire kit and that is on backorder until february. Short of finding a welder or machinist do you guys have any other ideas.

I know the scoot will run a little lean but this time of year I am only riding back and forth to work 25 mile round trip and some on the weekends, I would still like to get the bracket. Any suggestions?

My 2000 rd king has the magnetti morelli fuel injection system and the previous owner put on a stage 1 a/c kit. The issue is that now, where the backing plate scres into the support bracket, has one of the dog ear type tabs broken off and then to add insult to injury the support bracket has broken.

I only want the support bracket, but find I must buy the entire kit and that is on backorder until february. Short of finding a welder or machinist do you guys have any other ideas.

I know the scoot will run a little lean but this time of year I am only riding back and forth to work 25 mile round trip and some on the weekends, I would still like to get the bracket. Any suggestions?

Maybe try E bay or a swap meet, dont want to run too lean for a long time

If I understand correctly, the attached ebay link is what you want/need. For $34 shipped, it's a lot less than new (if even avail). harley fuel injection items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, Intake Fuel System

If that's not it, explain more, and we'll figure something out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry; I pasted the search, not the seller. The mag/mor face plate is near the end of the ebay listings.

Last edited by a moderator:
R bingham, the hi flow fuel injeted carb support mount looks close, the bracket I have is stainless straight bar curved downward at each end and two holes drilled in the middle with nuts welded to the back of the bar.

Am Imaking any sense

R bingham, the hi flow fuel injeted carb support mount looks close, the bracket I have is stainless straight bar curved downward at each end and two holes drilled in the middle with nuts welded to the back of the bar.

Am Imaking any sense

SE head breathers?:s

Am Imaking any sense

Ok then is this it?

[URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/1postid329359"]Hi-Flow Air Cleaner Bracket for Big Twin | 400-0107
[/URL]

Or this?

[URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/2postid329359"]Hi-Flow Spacer for Touring Models | 400-0112
[/URL]

Or maybe replace with this?
[URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/3postid329359"]Arlen Ness Team Ness
[/URL]

HTH,
Randall

I think the Arlen Ness one is what one of the parts store suggested. I was hoping to avoid doing that but may have to.

In the mean time I have JB Welded and engineered the broken one back into service. The scoot runs a whole lot better this way, hopefully it will hold until my money gets freed up.

Thanks for the offer Bobwire, I have a machinist buddy that is putting something together for me, and may be able to make it, I still may need to take you up on that offer one day.

Back