free website stats program Any idea what bike this is? Like father like son. | Harley Davidson Forums

Any idea what bike this is? Like father like son.

RockinRich

This is my dad on his bike. Never new he even rode! I just found out today. Not sure what it is but I wish I had it. He was in his late teens before going into the Air Force WWII. I put this picture around 1943? Any idea what this bike is? Thanks!
149914-iamrockinrich-albums-25942-other-bikes-picture114120-this-is-my-dad-on-his-bike-never-new-he-even-rode-not-sure-what-it-is-but-i-wish-i-had-it-he-was-in-his-late-teens-before-going-into-the-air-force-wwii-i-put-this-picture-around-1943-any-idea-what-this-bike-is.jpg

You Know it has to be a 1948 or older.? 45?61?74? Pan Head?
Side shift and front end Spring fork... Nice..

You know, WE all think How Nice to own an OLD BIKE.. Especially our family members Bike..
I had a chance to Buy my dads 1951 Pan(he bought it new).. IT didn't interest me OTHER than it was HIS and all original, any extras put on usually were harley and saved old parts taken off to put back on IF he wanted..

That bike went to Japan. It was shipped over by boat and some one over there was Happy to get it..

My dad got 5500$ at ship-time and That was a GOOD price back in the late 70's..
I thanked him for offering me a chance to buy it (he could not just GIVE it to me as his needs) but I'm glad I never. I have fond Memories of Him and His bike, some photos to boot and that is enough.
I rode it many times over my teen years but didn't fall in love with HD like I did Later in life..

Went thru all that doodle-bug to Hondas then BSA's and back to Hondas..
THEN the Drug injection My Father place in my arm at an early age FINALLY took hold.....
H A R L E Y S today.(.)

I have had MANY HD's over the years, Now i own a 09 FLHR and a 2006 pristine 1200 sport R. (dirt and Quads in Az.)

Memories are Just Fine and No GUILT here. :D*** I DO thank my dad for that Drug Injection quite Often tho...

signed....BUBBIE

Air cleaner cover on the left side, and chain on the right side makes it a 45 cu in Flathead. Tank badge is not real visible, but you can do a google for Harley tank badges and try to match it up.

Air cleaner cover on the left side, and chain on the right side makes it a 45 cu in Flathead. Tank badge is not real visible, but you can do a google for Harley tank badges and try to match it up.

GOOD EYE BREEZE :newsmile063:

,,, there it was right in-front of me....

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks everyone. I got this from someone who judges Flatheads...

---------------------------------------------------------------
It's a Harley 45 (750cc) Flathead. I can tell because the rear chain is on the right side, away from the viewer, and it has a single-tube "s" curved front frame downtube. The stainless fender trim strips began in 1939, also the last year for that fuel tank decal, but 1939 was also a distinctive two-tone. The paint line break followed the top line of the frame backbone, seen here behind the left handgrip, and curving down at the front of the tanks.
The 1940-and-later the paint schemes were solid, but there were also distinctive metal "teardrop" emblems on the tanks. I believe your dad's bike it's a 1939 H-D 45. The chrome headlight, handlebars and front safety guard ("crashbar") are also part of the 1939 "Deluxe Chrome Group." so it was dressed up from the factory. It's a little hard to read, but here is the 1939 order blank on the net: 1939 0rder blank_001 The 'next" page is the back of the form. Hope this helps! Just drop a dollar in the collection box on your way out.

Back