free website stats program Any Chemist Out There? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Chemist Out There?

Never had a problem with Sea Foam ,anyone else having problems with it

Agree. I don't do any additives to anything except a little Sea Foam in the gas of all my vehicles once in a while. Don't think it caused the leak.

I'm not sure it caused the leak either but that rubber gasket was all swollen up. As soon as I took it out it got so big I could barely put it back in, I tried turning it over so I could ride a little until the new one got here.

New gasket, I have fresh gas in it now( same brand) and the bike is sitting due to winter so we'll see.

Doug

I'm not sure it caused the leak either but that rubber gasket was all swollen up. As soon as I took it out it got so big I could barely put it back in, I tried turning it over so I could ride a little until the new one got here.

New gasket, I have fresh gas in it now( same brand) and the bike is sitting due to winter so we'll see.

Doug

Don't know if it was the cause of your leak, with all the people using it I kind of doubt it. The acc. pump diaphram on my 94 carbed FLSTC was eaten away by ethenol in the gas. The Harley Tech Rep said this is a problem on some Harleys.

I run sea foam in every thing I own Bike , quads, wave runners ,lawn equipment ,also use stabil in every thing before its stored away for the winter -I also use both the startron and stabil jn the boat and wave runners when they are winterized, 10% ethynol can play havoc in a boat stored with 80 plus gallons of fuel,thats going to sit for 5 months,been doing this since they started with the ethynol and have not had any problems yet.

More snake oil:
Ethanol in fuel at around 10% is no big deal in fact it helped clean fuel system.
There are 100's to a 1000 magic additives for fuel out there all make big claims to take you cash to fix a problem you do not have.
Now there are times when a little of a good fuel additive can be helpful
Water can and does get every were and product like sea foam once in awhile will get rid of any build up.
While new fuel (SEE TOP TIER GAS) are great some time old gas and or other additives can cause a build up in system a product like sea foam can help keep it cleaner. But they are not need ever tank a little once or twic a season is plenty.
Octane boosters are a sham. Unless you jack the compression up on your bike ruining higher octane fuel in your engine is a waste and can cause it to start slower and not run as well. Higher octane fuels burn slower and in an ebgine designed for a faster burn they do not work as well. When you get up and over 10:1 then you need a slower burn .
Adding lead replacement to newer engines is bad idea but still sold as this secret to over come a plot to make you cars and bikes run bad.
I have been running Ethanol mixed fuels in my cars and bike sense 1973 never replace a carb , injector or any other fuel related part.
Products sold to over come and or undue damage from Ethanol are a sham. They play on something that did happen when it first went into lager use. Some older cars had rubber seal and gaskets in them the did not stand up to Ethanol well that has not been an issue sense the 70's. Small engines like lawn mowers did have a problem with this a bit long than cars.
Also at that time there were some cheap fuel lines on the market that in time would break down due to Ethanol contact.
But they due sell some special magnets that will get you many more mile to the gallon and at least 10 more HP.

Yeah just like when they used to charge more for unleaded gas.(they're the ones that put the lead in there to begin with!)

Back