free website stats program Antenna ideas | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Antenna ideas

Pete, we put the antenna that Glider recommended on my husband's bike last year & it seems to work pretty good. He normally has the Ipod on, but sometimes he forgets to grab it so he listens to tunes on the radio. He seems pretty happy with it. Not sure about the distance though, we live in an area that has good coverage from 2 cities. Good luck.

I put the K antenna that Glider recommended and I have to say it works good. I don't have the whip to compare it with but it so far so good.

I used the Tune Trapper, and it is okay for what it is; however, I lost AM which I like to listen to sports talk while commuting to work - so I am interested in Breeze3at's idea of an antenna y connector. It's been awhile since I did it, so can someone help me out? Do I need 2 female/1 male or 2 male/1 female to use both the Tune Trapper and the stock antenna?

Thanks, I only want to get into the fairing once in this cold (44 degrees today) when I install the Hogtunes lower speakers.

I used the Tune Trapper, and it is okay for what it is; however, I lost AM which I like to listen to sports talk while commuting to work - so I am interested in Breeze3at's idea of an antenna y connector. It's been awhile since I did it, so can someone help me out? Do I need 2 female/1 male or 2 male/1 female to use both the Tune Trapper and the stock antenna?

Thanks, I only want to get into the fairing once in this cold (44 degrees today) when I install the Hogtunes lower speakers.

Leo; You need 1 male to 2 female. I could not find one anywhere in town, so I ordered it off the 'net. About $10 shipped, sorry I forgot the company name.
You can see a pic at. Dual FM Antenna Switch - Harley Davidson Community

Back