free website stats program another oily air cleaner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

another oily air cleaner

It's been almost a week now, and so far all is good again. Went back in to check relief valve and pretty sure that was the problem. Got the roll pin and the spring out no problem. The valve itself was a different story. Since a stuck valve seemed to be the problem, it stands to reason I would have trouble getting it out of the cam plate, which I did. As I had a new valve on hand, I used it as a guide and found an easy-out that would grab the old valve. Had to put it to the bench grinder to make the base end a little smaller in order to go into the cam plate far enough. A light tap and then gentle twist and pull got it out. Clean everything up really well, installed new valve and now life is great again.:D

It's been almost a week now, and so far all is good again. Went back in to check relief valve and pretty sure that was the problem. Got the roll pin and the spring out no problem. The valve itself was a different story. Since a stuck valve seemed to be the problem, it stands to reason I would have trouble getting it out of the cam plate, which I did. As I had a new valve on hand, I used it as a guide and found an easy-out that would grab the old valve. Had to put it to the bench grinder to make the base end a little smaller in order to go into the cam plate far enough. A light tap and then gentle twist and pull got it out. Clean everything up really well, installed new valve and now life is great again.:D

Sorry late getting back with a response but see that you have the problem solved; kudos!

Back