free website stats program Another 'No Spark' Question | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another 'No Spark' Question

Sir Hoople,
Update- I rechecked all the connectors, and connections. Clean all that I could find. Took out the CKP and cleaned. I finally got spark to the plugs!!!! YEA!!! Put the plug back in, reset the tank, hooked up all the fuel lines up and pushed the button to start . . . NO SPARK!!! I celebrated too early. It would appear there is a ground or some other minor connection that needs to be checked. Bottom line is - doesn't appear to be module!!!!
I will keep ya posted as I progress thru the recheck
Thanks again for all the help
2Tall

2Tall,
It was starting to look like a blown module to me, so that is Great news.! Once you get that bad connection ironed out, I think you will be in the fast lane. Keep us updated.

Hoople,
Well I wish it was that simple. I broke down and bought a new coil, ignition module, spark plug wires, and the module under the seat (Delphi) and still no spark to plugs. I and the HD parts dealer are outta ideas so I am sucking it up and taking to HD service dealer for ideas and fix. I will let ya know what the outcome is. 1st time in 25 years I couldn't figure something out- must be an age thing 
2Tall

TwoTall what happened.? You were doing so well. I turned my back on you and you pulled out the 12 gauge.:p

Well if your shotgunning the problem, why didn't you also buy a crank sensor. That is a key ingredient.... I am surprised the dealer did not suggest it.

This is so painful for me to watch.

So after you get it running, are you going to wire up the Pingel the same way as before or are you planning on using the "ignition en-able" line with a set of dry contacts?

Hoople,,
I thought I was doing so well also but sometimes ya gotta say 'What the . . . am I doing this for" and let the 'experts' find the problem and fix it. So next time I will know and so will others who have the same problem I encountered.
And NO I am not going to wire it the same. I am going to have the dealer wire it, so if the problem continues THEY can find and fix it.
Like I said, I build stuff and they fix stuff. Better to spend the $$$ where they are best. They don't build stuff and I shouldn’t be fixing stuff . . . well not this stuff anyhow- electrical stuff!!!!
I'll keep ya posted as I know more.
thx
2Tall

Hoople,
The saga is OVER!!!! As it turned out the connector going to the coil was 'wallered' out according to the dealer. If I had known how to check the output side of the coil with the power going to it- I would probably have figured it out. But regardless it is running and the shifter is installed. The dealer put the coil wire exactly as I had it (wht/blk to coil) and the switched power feed the same (orange/wht).
So I would like to thanks you again for all the help and I will try and return the favor if I can
Thx
2tall

Back