free website stats program another newbie question | Harley Davidson Forums

another newbie question

airforceacop

before anyone starts on me...I have done a search and found lots of information but I can't make heads or tails of some it...so here goes\

Can I put Mobile 1 vtwin 20/50 in all three holes?

before anyone starts on me...I have done a search and found lots of information but I can't make heads or tails of some it...so here goes\

Can I put Mobile 1 vtwin 20/50 in all three holes?

NO.......use it in the engine and I like Spectro platinum in the trans and formula+ in the primary. There's variations of this if you can't locate these brands.

You just have to look in the right areas.:D

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

you can put it in the motor if you want but thats it. i would recommend HD oil and formula plus for the other 2. i wouldnt even use Spectro. (no offense glider) if you are somewhere where you cant get harley oil it would be ok but as a HD dealer Tech i have seen all the oils and i dont like any of them as much as i like the good ol regular HD oils, but to each his own. good luck.

thanks for all the input...I'm in germany for the next the four years HD oil is around but it's expensive as all get out. As far as Spectro good luck....not in germany, maybe I can look in belgium or in Holland....finding products here can be as hard as finding someone who speaks english who can understand what I'm asking for.....gotta work on my German!!!lol

Hobbit, I like the comment about Syn3 oil, :lolrolling. I only use Amsoil in my bike, I know there are other Synthetic oils that are very good, but I have had good luck with Amsoil.

Back