free website stats program Another gps plug-in method? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another gps plug-in method?

Dogdad,

I would do what you are suggesting with the vehicle adaptor cable, and not with the wall charger cable.

I've been down this path with a nuvi 1450 on a bike. Was a nice GPS until it bounced down the highway. The bike specific gps units are pricey, but they stay on the bike and they are waterproof.

u just need a marine 12volt jack on you bike
21075.jpg

then you need a usb car charger

phpThumb.php

Single USB Car Charger | Car Power Supply | USB Socket - Proporta

so you may plug in and out when ever you need

Tahir has a valid alternative solution...I have this setup using my TOM-TOM mini USB input cord (the voltage 12V reduction is inside my TOM-TOM as it has a built in rechargeable battery), but used some parts I picked up at the 99 cent store (USB cable) and a bit of electronic and office supply stores, as I like to "try before I buy" but that is just me...

I have 2 of these and just use a straight usb to mini usb cable

Brian

Attachments

• belkin usb.jpg
    belkin usb.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for all the tips and advise. All good to know. I went on e-bay and got the Garmin power cord with cigarette lighter ike in my truck for a good price. Also have the HD's accessory 12 volt plug for under the seat. This combination will work . I guess its hard to get around running the cord all up and under the tank from the battery to the handle bars. Thanks again.

Back