free website stats program Another Ethanol surpise | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Ethanol surpise

Here is an interesting tidbit reguarding Ethanol "enhanced " fuel.
I always fill with Shell premium which has no ethanol and I have set up my Gen 4 using it.Yesterday I filled up at a station with E-10 fuel because I let it get a little low and couldn't make it to a shell station.Within 2 minutes of leaving the station my AFR across the full operating range had dropped to between 15-16 to1 and full on throttle to 14 to1.I had to add fuel across all of the modes to get it back to good AFR numbers.I'm willing to bet that I don't get good mileage with this tank of fuel.

Wow thanks for posting that. I always try to make it to shell because I like the cleaning additives they put in their fuel. I admit I had not noticed that their premium was ethanol free (even though I put it in my bike).

STEVE07 thats great info. How can one verify if the Shell Premium fuel used in the States around here is ethanol free. I have always noticed a much better running bike when I am able to Ethanol free fuel and will search out the Shell Stations if that is the case.

I have seen and used the website that supposedly list stations that sell Ethanol free fuel but find there are not many locations close me on the list and it is not as up to date as I would like.

Thanks again.

STEVE07 thats great info. How can one verify if the Shell Premium fuel used in the States around here is ethanol free. I have always noticed a much better running bike when I am able to Ethanol free fuel and will search out the Shell Stations if that is the case.

I have seen and used the website that supposedly list stations that sell Ethanol free fuel but find there are not many locations close me on the list and it is not as up to date as I would like.

Thanks again.

Check the pump, it has to be posted in plain sight:s

Check the pump, it has to be posted in plain sight:s

Jack, thats the problem. The pumps have 3 or 4 different octane fuels available and have a sticker on them that states something like "may contain as much as 10% Ethanol in Fuel" but it does not distinguish between different octane levels so how can one be sure the Premium is Ethanol free?

Jack, thats the problem. The pumps have 3 or 4 different octane fuels available and have a sticker on them that states something like "may contain as much as 10% Ethanol in Fuel" but it does not distinguish between different octane levels so how can one be sure the Premium is Ethanol free?

When in doubt PASS, if the pumps are labeled in any fashion I would assume them all to be Ethanol, I doubt the operators of the gas stations would know how to answer that one JMO:s

Wow thanks for posting that. I always try to make it to shell because I like the cleaning additives they put in their fuel. I admit I had not noticed that their premium was ethanol free (even though I put it in my bike).

I think it depends on the state weater or not shell has eth free premium

Here is an interesting tidbit reguarding Ethanol "enhanced " fuel.
I always fill with Shell premium which has no ethanol and I have set up my Gen 4 using it.Yesterday I filled up at a station with E-10 fuel because I let it get a little low and couldn't make it to a shell station.Within 2 minutes of leaving the station my AFR across the full operating range had dropped to between 15-16 to1 and full on throttle to 14 to1.I had to add fuel across all of the modes to get it back to good AFR numbers.I'm willing to bet that I don't get good mileage with this tank of fuel.

Steve - are you saying that ALL Shell Premium gasolines have no ethanol or just the station you use?

Bill

I hate Ethanol... It is a total rip off, makes fuel lines undependable, decreases horsepower, lowers fuel mileage, attracts moisture, drives the costs of an ear of corn up... I really love corn.

On top of all that, we, as taxpayers are subsidizing it... Aargh...!!!!

All Shell premium in Illinois is 10% ethanol. Thats coming from the Shell contact people.
wilks3
:USA

Back