free website stats program another bike and another wife... who will last longer? | Harley Davidson Forums

another bike and another wife... who will last longer?

devilscout

Hey y'all how's it goin? Got a few small questions for anybody that can answer. Does any1 know where I might find a set of good forward controls for my 74 sportster and maybe even a manual? I bought a basket case and right now those are the only major concerns right now. Thanx every1

I guess your local HD dealer isn't a reply you want to read, right? Best place to go though.. Contrary to what you've read here they are usually very helpful if you are intending to buy something.

Take care,

p.s. what's up with that title?

Re: another bike and another wife... who will last longer?

I dont know, those newer models with less miles are looking better all the time......Harley has nice new bikes to !!!!:p

Best place is to start check HD dealers for the manual

I was looking for forward controls for my '00 Sporty and there are lots of complete kits listed in ebay, and yes a lot of them go back to your year model. Good luck with both. Women generally take more maintenance than bikes to keep them purring smoothly.

When I was working on a older FLH the HD dealer was not that helpful or knowledgeable. It seems to me if the bike isn't either an evo or a twin cam they want no part of it. I would recommend that you find an indy shop to help you out with whatever you need for parts or information
kemo

Re: another bike and another wife... who will last longer?

I dont know, those newer models with less miles are looking better all the time......Harley has nice new bikes to !!!!:p

Best place is to start check HD dealers for the manual

Nice I like it:s

IRT the OP's title - I'll take the wife over bike. Can always get a new scoot, but good wife's hard to find...;-)

Guess I did it right the 1st time (25-yrs together on 7 Sep). Good luck w/the manual & pegs. Also, welcome to the forum.

Swap meet. I just got a brand new manual for my 73 shovel at our last swap meet for twenty bucks! You probably could find some forward controls too. If you have any salvage shops in your area, also might be a good place to look. Although a computer, a comfortable chair, and a cold one sure is a nice way to shop as well.

IRT the OP's title - I'll take the wife over bike. Can always get a new scoot, but good wife's hard to find...;-)

Guess I did it right the 1st time (25-yrs together on 7 Sep). Good luck w/the manual & pegs. Also, welcome to the forum.

Congrats Iceman in a day when the divorce ratio is high thats great news, Im just past 31 years with The Red Head going for another 31 I hope:s

Back