free website stats program Amsoil | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Amsoil

Every body that answered your question said it just as I would have explained it. You might lose a dribble but nothing that the car wash won't clean up.

I tryed Amsoil severe gear 75w-90 in my 89 FLHTCU tranny first and after 4 to 500 miles it shifted much better, the biggest reason for Amsoil was the guy 5 miles up the road sells it. I tryed the 5w-30 in my 07 Cobalt comuter car and have gone from 37 MPG to 42 MPG in the last 20,000 miles. Now I have the V-Twin 20w-50 in all 3 bikes motors and #10 Shock Therapy in my forks on the 04 FLHTCU and Amsoil in my Dura-Max truck. The guy I buy it off showed me a burned piston from a Ford 302 that the owner leaned out to much for MPG and the piston felt like it was made out of Teflon. I joined for 20 bucks and get the air cooled V-Twin M/C 20w-50 for my buddy's and myself for $7.83 a QT. I know alot on this site don't like the marketing ploy's they have but I have nothing bad to say about Amsoil. JMHO

Folks,

If this post degenerates into a food fight about whether Amsoil is good or not good, or which other oils are better or not as good, I will close this post.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it appears that the Forum is being SPAMMED, the Moderators here WILL take action.

Please review the rules.

TQ

I don't know about your Wally World but ours replaced the Mobile 1 V-twin with Castrol V-twin full syn. 20-50. I haven't used it yet but I know guys that have been using Castrol in their Harley for more then 40 years and don't have anything bad to say about it.

I asked but the syn. Castrol isn't in Canada yet, you know we're so far away.

Amsoil is great i love it i've been riding 40 years almost and started using it on a recommendation from a friend 2 years ago and i could'nt be happier and by the way i don't deal amsoil i don't distribute amsoil and i don't get any kickback of any kind for saying i like amsoil. I'm just a regular guy who loves riding my hog and don't mind telling people about any product that i spend my hard earned money on to make my bike run better and that's my honet opinion.

I asked but the syn. Castrol isn't in Canada yet, you know we're so far away.
Funny thing is I can't find the full Syn. on Castrol's web page either. I just went out the garage to make sure I didn't misread the label but it says Full Synthetic. Hmmm.... Maybe it's new. I haven't used it yet so I don't have much input on the quality. IMHO good brand name oils changed every 3000 miles and maintained proper levels is the key.
And yes Canada is far far away....about an hour and a half for me. :lero 7 hours to Calgary though.

I've used AMSOIL in my 07 RG since the 2nd fluid change after I bought the bike, firstly 20-50 in all 3 holes, then switched to 3 diff Amsoil products in the 3 holes, keeping 20-50 in the engine. It's easy to find where I live (about 1 mile away) and it seems to work as claimed...so I'm staying with it. Is it better than other premium products? Probably not, but its readily available and I'm happy with it. The Indy I use sells Spectro and Bel-ray but says AMSOIL is just as good..(and for me a few bucks cheaper).

Did not want it to sound like I am a Amsoil dealer, i'm not. I was just surprised my local dealer start selling it. I have always heard good things about the oil.

Smitty,here in Canada Deeley regulates what the dealers sell and they frown upon coming upon a dealership that stocks anything but HD oils.
Anything else and they won't get their % for the sale.
Most dealers do not agree with this and are quite happy to put whatever oil in your ride that you provide for them

Doesn't that just frost your pumpkin. It's annoying how some companies have different rules and products for different areas/countries. Those wielding the control don't seem to understand the thought of dealers being able to offer choices to their customers.
As for Amsoil, seems like a good product and for me it's easier to find than Spectro but I haven't checked everywhere close to me yet.

Back