free website stats program amplifier | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

amplifier

That Alpine amp is a 4ohm amp you need a 2ohm amp in your bike. The newer bikes with the HK head unit have the 2ohm audio system so the 4ohm amp won't work very well in the bike.

You can use a 4 ohm amp hooked to the stock HK radio. You have to change the speakers to 4 ohms. I currently use a ARC Audio amp to power my 4 ohm front speakers on my Roadglide.

You can also use a 4ohm amp to power four 2ohm speakers. You have to run the speaker wiring parallel

Hey Singer68,

I'm interested in what you find out. I saw the J&M guys at Sturgis last week and that system sounded real good! They had extra speakers mounted in the saddle bags facing up and forward, but it was clear and audible enough it should be heard on the freeway. I was real pleased with the amp mounted inside the bat-wing on top of the radio. Been web searching a bit, but If you find a local dealer for the J&M, please PM me with details.

Thanks & hope it works!

I went to Harley and purchased the J&M speakers, I just went on what I researched, I will let you know how they sound when I get them Tuesday, I will perchase An amp eventually, just don't have the cash right now.
WAP.gif

I went to Harley and purchased the J&M speakers, I just went on what I researched, I will let you know how they sound when I get them Tuesday, I will perchase An amp eventually, just don't have the cash right now.
WAP.gif

Looking forward to what you think. How much were the speakers?

I put them in, they sound better, I can hear more bass, and the music is more clear, but i'm afraid without an amp the difference isn't that great.

I just installed J & M's 7.25 Rokker series fairing speakers with the tweeter midrange speaker covers and their 500W 4 channel amp. In my garage I went from 95 decibels to 101. Honestly it's not as loud, crisp, and clear as I expected for the money I paid! I can hear it at freeway speeds but I think I'll take the previous posters advice by using ear plugs to cut the air flutter

Back