free website stats program americade on lake george | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

americade on lake george

I have to say I live an hour away from Lake George and I take my camper up there drive back home get my bike ride back up and have a blast and then reverse the trip to go home lol...... Now as for the cops up there some are ok and the dot "safety" stop at exit 18 rest stop is a pain and there is a lawsuite being brought against nystate about that and all motorcycle only "saftey" stops..... with that out of the way yes DOT helmets and loud pipes r a big thing they look for up there but if u have the dot helmet they kinda look the other way on the other stuff as long as u r not revving the bike and being stupid.... All and all its a great time very family friendly alot to do and see. If you are into camping alot of places near by to camp the state campgrounds are the cheapest to check them out go to Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - ReserveAmerica ...... Keep in mind Lake George is very very very close to loseing AMERICADE do to the DEC charging so much for the rental of the land near million dollar beach so keep this place alive and enjoy and keep supporting the local veders and stores as well as the venders of americade... WOW i just sounded like i was being paid by them just to note i have NOTHING to do with AMERICADE other then going to have a great time lol

I've been up there 10 or 12 times over the years. Staying in the village is better if you can afford it. Just park the bike, walk to a restaurant or pub and enjoy the Canada St. nite. Sometimes bands play in the little park in the center of town, or Duffy's always has some live music.
It's a pretty sedate rally, more for the touring group, but it's got great roads to ride. It's really a beautiful area to tour. The biggest problem is all of the in town places have 4 or 5 night minimums.
Most of the time I go up on Sat and leave by Wed because it just gets too crowded to move by then.

Isn't that where the movie Dirty Dancing was supposed to take place?
Anyway, I love it there....always stop on my way to Montreal :D

I am from the area (Lake Luzerne) but never get the chance to participate in Americade. This year I'll be home but have to come back to Korea just before Americade starts, again, but will be riding the backwoods roads of hometown New York while I am there.

Back