free website stats program Ambient tempurature and grip glue | Harley Davidson Forums

Ambient tempurature and grip glue

mnultra

I just recieved my new ISO grips (They finally offer them in all black :small3d026:) and would like to install them, but it's cold!! The garage stays about 35 degrees but I can't find anything on the grip glue (Black Widow is the name brand) that gives me a tempurature range. I know that the cure time would be increased but I've got a month before I head to AZ so that's no problem. I just don't want to have to install them once I get there.

Thoughts or opinions? I checked the manufacture web site and still came up empty.

Heater? Even hanging a lightbulb in a cardboard box on the left side may be enough to raise the temp. around the grip to about 50* or more. You can warm the bar and grip with a heatgun or even a hair blow drier.

TQ

I can certainly heat up the bar, I just didn't know what tempurature on the low end was acceptable. Thanks TQ.

TQ is probably right in the park on the temperature. Seems like 50 is the minimum temperature for just about everything.

Epoxy is temp sensitive & you probably don't want to take the bike w/new grips for a test drive either...best to wait for warmer weather.

You want to make certain that the temp is correct. A afriend of mine had his grips come loose after a while.

Just about all the adhesives I have used or looked at state a min, of 50 degrees, I would heat the bars and grips with a blow dryer or heat gun and after applying the grips continue to heat them until just a bit of the adhesive oozed out JMO

Back