free website stats program Am I a wimp??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I a wimp???

I don't think I'd take any off, but just maybe back them out 1 or 1 and half turns. If you're not running a built engine and you ride "normally" you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Harley clutches are pretty tough.

I don't know if this would work but what about putting the old springs on? You are defeating the purpose of the racing clutch by continuing to back the nuts off anyhow. Don't know if there is a fit problem or not but you may want to look at this.

once you get really close on the spring adj. snip off a piece of tin the height
of one spring, then you can use it(as a go-no-go gage) to get the others exactly the same height.

:D:D:D Oh yeah, happy days are here again!! I started all over again, adjusted the springs in and then out again, then measured with a depth guage on the end of my borrowed calipers (good idea about the go-nogo gauge) Then I adjusted the cable the quick and easy way in the self help section. Filled with HD Formula+ and wow. No clunk into 1st gear, no more barrel of loose nuts sound with the clutch pulled in, but very hard to pull the lever in. Test ride went VERY well although I found myself popping into neutral at stoplites to rest my hand. Maybe I am a wimp:D. Went to a buddies house and tried his clutch pull on 2 different Harleys, much easier. On the ride home I noticed a whirling? sound from the clutch area, but everything seemed ok. I just backed out 1 more turn and remeasured. Now I have to wait to adjust the cable as the bike is hot. Thanks to everyone who replied to this post, it is good to know I can get sound advice from so many different sources.

Back