free website stats program Alternators 101 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alternators 101

trvlr

I usually check out the latest trade rags when I visit the local HD shop. They had a new publication that I'd never seen there before by Thunder Press. Had some pretty good articles in there and wasn't just a bunch of advertising as most of those mags are.

They had a nice writeup on alternators and Harleys. Pretty good read that even I could understand. Thought if may be of benefit to others so can be found here. No affiliation with this company, just looked like some good info to compliment the library of info on this site.

Motorhead Memo: Charge it Thunder Press

Very good read thanks for posting this, it should be in the self help section IMO

Thanks Jack. Yea I thought it was a good article. They had another guy that wrote about the pending helmet law, and how we motorcycle riders are getting mowed down left and right by cagers, yet the powers that be are worried about us wearing helmets. Another good read that echoed comments that folks on HDT made about that law.

Very informative even if you are not a mechanic! I had heard before that the bikes didn't charge much at an idle. This prove it.

Great article.
I love this kind of stuff. It helps when you are thinking about upgrades, which is all the time.

Back