free website stats program Alarm won't deactivate... | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm won't deactivate...

The battery on my 2001 electric glide went dead so I trickle charged it. Now all the lights work ,but when I push the ignition button I don't get anything not even a click. almost like the alarm is activated, only when I move the bike the turn signals wont blink. The turn signals will not work either. I have checked the battery, and all the fuses and everything is good. I bypassed the celinoid and the bike turned over strong, but would not start I am thinking ecm, or tssm, but I don't want to throw money at it for no reason. Is it possible that it is something more simple? It all started from leaving the radio on. Ouch.

Depending on how long the battery was dead, it may have run down the battery in the alarm siren if you have one. That will take some time to recharge itself. Have you used/checked the FOB battery?

Did the battery go dead due to age or was key left on???? If O.E. battery Or a few years old, pull and have load tested. Might be time for a new one. As Glider stated also check fob batteries....

Yes, I checked the fob battery. My bike battery is three years old. I checked it with a meter, but I have not load tested it. The lights look strong and I turned it over by bypassing the cellonoid It sounded like it wanted to start and I could smell gas. Maybe no spark? could it be the battery ?

The battery is three years. I tested it and it has the proper volts, but I havent checked it under a load. The fob battery is good. The lights come on strong. It turns over strong when I bypass the cellinoid. I smelled Gas. Maybe no spark? could the battery be the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I checked the fob battery. My bike battery is three years old. I checked it with a meter, but I have not load tested it. The lights look strong and I turned it over by bypassing the cellonoid It sounded like it wanted to start and I could smell gas. Maybe no spark? could it be the battery ?

Have battery load tested. Also check to make sure battery cable are clean and tight at all connections. When jumping solenoid was a external power source used???

Back