free website stats program alarm systems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

alarm systems

I have a Talon with motion sensor and battery backup. Cost less than $200, easy install and a $40 break on my insurance. Peace of mind and it will pay for itself in 5 years.

I bought my bike used (wrecked actually) and it came with the factory security system. I really dont like it. I would rather just lock the switch when I wanted to than have to worry about carrying the fob around.

I installed the factory security system with the Smart Siren II. It was a snap to install using the instructions on this site. I really like the way it works and if I decide at a later date, I can also add the pager to the system.

If someone wants it bad enough, alarm or no alarm it's a goner. I guess that's why we have insurance. It does make me feel better having one though! The only problem I have had was the battery in my fob died. Good thing I had my owners manual and was able to disarm the system. I now carry an extra battery with me:D

Have the security system with alarm on both bikes. Good feeling to know I can walk away and the bike will not start, only sound tyhe alarm if someone messes with it. Well worth the money.

My 09 Ultra came from the factory with the alarm. I installed the Radio Shack piezo siren for $5.50.
I agree that a Pro. thief would not be hindered by an alarm. I hope it detours people from messing with it in parking lots.

There was a school of thought in the auto industry : A career thief will pass on an alarmed vehicle, because there is an un-alarmed one down the street.

I spent a large (to me) chunk of change on this machine, the alarm was a small price for some peace of mind.

When I bought mine it already had fact. alarm ,siren and pager,first thing I did was read up on how to shut off the annoying chirp of the alarm arming.
BTW Here in Ontario the insurance is much cheaper with the alarm:D

Steve when I asked my State Farm agent about a discount for the security they said none was offered. Who are you insured with.

Steve when I asked my State Farm agent about a discount for the security they said none was offered. Who are you insured with.

Ken,I'm insured with Aviva, up to $30,000 replacement,$2,000,000. Liability,$500. Deductable $965. a year.

I know our U.S. friends will think this is expensive,but it is quite resonable here.

Steve I am thinking that I pay around $1200. I am going shopping nxt time It comes up for renewal

Back