free website stats program Alarm Fob Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm Fob Problems

glider.

BOT Machine
There have been some reported problems posted on the forum concerning the Alarm FOB and carrying it too close to electronics like cel phones etc.

In the owners manual it states this in the "Riding with a Fob" section.
Keep your alarm fob away from other sources of electromagnetic radiation cell phones,PDA,electronic devices or storage in a metal box.
It also quotes a minimum distance of 3 inches.

Formike56 posted this when his bike didn't start and the lights flashed...
Called the dealer talked to a tech. he said that the fob had lost it's memory... He asked me where I kept my fob? I told him on my belt loop.. He asked how close to my cell phone was it? About 1 inch.. He said that was my problem.. The cell wiped the memory from the fob...

Changed the battery in my fob six weeks ago. Today, rode it all afternoon. Last stop I made, wouldn't start. Got a new battery for the fob - still won't start. The lights and everything are working. I don't carry a cell phone and I don't have any other electrocmagnetic stuff on me. My key usually hangs on a key rack next to my wife's 2005 Dodge Neon Key. Could the computer in the fob being going bad.

Could be that you parked close to a cell phone tower...I sold my sportster to a friend, he parked it near a cell phone tower.....he had to push it down the street then everything worked just fine

Cross check the communication between the FOB and TSSM. Take the FOB to another room or at a good distance from the bike.
Lift the bike off the jiffy stand and rock it. The turn signals should wig-wag. Does this happen?

I assume you do not have the optional siren. Is that correct.
2007. What model.

Cross check the communication between the FOB and TSSM. Take the FOB to another room or at a good distance from the bike.
Lift the bike off the jiffy stand and rock it. The turn signals should wig-wag. Does this happen?

I assume you do not have the optional siren. Is that correct.
2007. What model.
Not to stick my nose in, but, if the fob is belly up, wouldn't you get wig-wag lights and siren when trying to start, or just from taking her up off of the stand, even if the fob was in your pocket? Granted, she certainly should, if the security system is funtioning, wig-wag if you don't have the fob with you.

Not a challenge. Just curiousity. I have a Scorpio SR9 on mine. It is a sweet security system.

I am having trouble seeing how a fob can be hosed by a phone. I like learning new stuff. How does this happen?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Not to stick my nose in, but, if the fob is belly up, wouldn't you get wig-wag lights and siren when trying to start, or just from taking her up off of the stand,

Chime in anytime. It all brain food when you think about it. A FOB hosted by phone? That I have not seen yet

I was thinking maybe the FOB & TSSM were communicating just fine and there was an issue with the crank button, solenoid, start relay etc because the OP did not say the security system went into wig-wag. Something wrong w/ the crank circuit might lead someone to think the fob was not allowing the engine to crank.(?) Moving the FOB to another room also confirms the factory system is working,,, at least to some degree.

A FOB hosted by phone? That I have not seen yet...
Not hosted. Hosed...messed up, rendered [expletive deleted :) ]. Seems to me that a fob has a pretty exclusive and specific communication protocol. It is hard for me to imagine that a cell phone could accidentally get a fob to erase itself. I try to learn something every day. Maybe I can get something out of this tread as well...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Enjoy,
Rich P

My problem seems to be with the antenna for the security system. I installed the Cobra tuner on top of the brain box and it turned out it was to close to the antenna, so I moved the antenna on top of the rear fender behind the battery. Worked great until the first hot day then it started doing the same thing again. I installed a new antenna and it has seemed to help. Hope it keeps working, it sure is rough when it stalls and people are around, they look at you like you are trying to steal the bike. Jim :cry

Back