free website stats program Alarm Chirp Mode (smart FOB) | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm Chirp Mode (smart FOB)

glider.

BOT Machine
More info on the alarm functions.

2007 Alarm Info

The new late model button less smart fobs are capable of changing the chirp mode to a silent mode. Even when armed in the chirp less mode, the siren still chirps warnings on movement and will activate the alarm through all alarm cycles.

To do this cycle quickly through arming and disarming twice, this will switch the system from either chirp less or the chirp mode to it's opposite mode.

1. With the fob present, the ignition key ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition OFF.

2. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch back ON.

3. When the system disarms, ( 1 flash of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch ON and wait for the system to arm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mr. Data,

Is this suppose to work with the Smart Siren II on a Fat Bob? I tried and failed... please tell me I'm an idiot, because I would like the chirping to stop!!!

Thanks!

I cannot turn the chirp mode off on the '07 smart siren either. The manual instructions
are wrong. The dealer says neither they or the factory know how to turn it off. If anyone
has figured out how to do it I would appreciate it if you would post the procedure.
Mine is on a '07 Sportster but if you can turn yours off on another model it would be worth trying.

Make sure to check your part number. Some alarm sirens chirp & some don't. If you do a search on the forum, there is a post that shows the #'s of each type of alarm. I have one that does not chirp.

my 2010 fat bob has a problem when i turn on the left turn signal the light stops blinking & the key light stays on .

I think people may be having problems changing the chirp on and off because your instructions may be a little off. I used your illustrated instructions on how to install the Smart Siren Kit, thanks. The instructions that came with the kit didn't include instructions for the '09 Street Glide but for older models. Anyway I also used your instructions to turn on the chirp mode and it didn't work. I searched and found different instructions that did work elsewhere. The difference is your instructions cycle on and off twice when it should actually be 3 times. Below is what work for me.

~eddie

Siren Chirp Enable Feature

To enable or disable the arming/disarming chirp on the smart siren,

Turn the ignition key on/off 3 times.

Turn on and leave on until the security lamp goes out. Once the lamp goes out, turn the key off.

The security lamp will come on again. Once the lamp goes out, turn the ignition switch on.

After this cycle has occurred 3 times, the Chirp feature will change to enabled or disabled, depending on the current status.

I think where the confusion is.... You only do the on/off 3 times once then on clear security light--- off clear security light three times in succession and it works.

I think where the confusion is.... You only do the on/off 3 times once then on clear security light--- off clear security light three times in succession and it works.

I just did this on my 2010 RK Classic with the Smart Siren ll and it worked. The HD user manual instructions are clearly wrong. 3 times a charm....:bigsmiley11: I'm not sure what was driving me more crazy, the annoying chirp, or not being able to disable it with the wrong instructions! You guy's ROCK!

Back