free website stats program Alarm 101 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarm 101

Sounds like a plan, but do keep everything H-D® Factory stock, it really makes a difference if the keys all match, and those things that make the bike "stock are left as there were"...important to be properly replaced for resale value as well...

Thanks, everyone!

It's me again...

We only have 1 dealer in Singapore, they markup all accessories by 45% so I'm thinking of getting someone going to the US to buy parts for me. I contacted a dealer in NY about fitment of "H-D® Smart Security System" on my bike and was told that their accessories are only for US model, won't work on "international" model.

Is this true? Are there dealers who sell accessories compatible with "international" models?

Thanks,
Jacob

If you go with a disk lock just be sure you never forget to remove before going for a ride. I've heard of guys breaking disks because they forgot to remove a lock. If you go with a lock get one that has the long Orange reminder chord that hooks to your H-bars.

One thing to remember locks and security systems are only to keep honest people honest. If a lowlife wants your bike bad enough, he will get it. The most important thing to have is good insurance

I'd replace the broken lock with the stock HD lock.

The locks aren't breaking all over the place so I think yours was just a fluke.

Never heard of this problem with any of the other riders I ride with.

I'd check the American inter-net Harley Parts Dealers. I've heard those "International" bikes don't have the same parts on em cuz of the different laws in other countries governing what parts ya can change,swap or maintaine, Good Luck Bro...........

Back