free website stats program air valve | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

air valve

the only way you can ajust the air shocks on my FLHRC is to remove the left leather wrapped saddlebag . i have been looking into a relocation kit to move the valve

I also have to remove saddle bag for after Harley dealer installed factory passenger backrest it necessitated moving valve to.

On mine, I just have to open the lid on the saddlebag, plenty of access. If it works, don't TINKER with it Tank. :D
This also works for me. Flipping open the lid gives me more room and I use the Harley suspension pump. I have to open the lid anyway to get the gauge when traveling.
It screws on the fitting without losing air and has the gauge built in. It does the job.
Using a different gauge would be tough as the air pressure amounts are so small. Would be hard to read on a regular tire gauge.
Using the correct tool always makes things easier.
As mentioned, never use a pump that is used to fill the tires. Too much pressure and will blow the seals!

I believe the tubing and fittings are SMC brand push on type. You can replace the tubing straight back to wherever you want to by pushing down on the collar on the fitting to quick release. Almost any brand of tubing is good for 120 psi .

It's much easier to just remove the left saddle bag and have all the access you need. It only takes a minute and no tools to remove. How often do you find yourself adjusting the air level? Like others have said, I think you'd risk air leaks if you relocate or extend the hose fitting.
The HD air pump is the ONLY tool to use. It's basically fool proof and is small enough to pack and take with you.

Back