free website stats program Air shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Air shocks

DEP47

I am planning to mount a set of ultra glide air shocks on my 2006 Street BOB anybody done it before? I ride two up with bags most of the time and bottom even with the springs at the highest preload setting. I think the Ultar Glide air shocks should be better able to handle the load, and provide a better ride. Any sugestions or comments would be appreciated.

I replaced the air shocks on my 2003 Road King with Progressive 440's and have been very happy. That's the route I'd recommend, not only for the excellent ride quality, but they's look a lot better than the air shocks. I understand they'll be covered by your bags, but if/when you ride without them it might look odd....

fitted them to my 05 superglide.made it lower in rear and played with pressures.allways felt like bottoming out.dyna shocks lay at an angle.electras are near vertical.wife complained and said stock shocks were far better.sold and went progressives.no more complaints

My problem is with the stock shocks bottoming out when I ride two up with the bags and luggage rack loaded. Shoocks are the same lenght, so I did not think it would be lower, and feel the air assit may help, thanks for the information

Mouted the shocks today and rode about a hundred miles two up and the shocks work fine, about 30 pounds pressure in them and no bottoming and a much better ride. So far seems like a great modification for my Dyna.

Mouted the shocks today and rode about a hundred miles two up and the shocks work fine, about 30 pounds pressure in them and no bottoming and a much better ride. So far seems like a great modification for my Dyna.

What was the cost? If you don't mind me asking

I bought the shocks on e-bay used for $70 and the air valves for them at Ace hardwre for $1.88 each other then that just bolted them on. Just came back from a 500 mole ride to the ROT rally in Austing Texas, no problems. The ride is softer then the stock shocks and not as harsh, it is not as precise maybe in handling but it makes up for it in comfort on the road when loaded, and no harsh bottoming at all. Wife loves the ride.

Back