free website stats program air related whining sound at freeway speed | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

air related whining sound at freeway speed

Is it kind like this...... Pheeeeeeh but continual?

Had to do the noise Just For Glider's sake! Ha ha!

I have found that IF the front axle Hole is placed Wrong, It will whistle when up to ? speed. AIR flowing over it has been a problem on my bike one.... I moved the Big Tool hole on axle and problem solved..

The other Whistle I heard off my bike was from a state trooper sitting astride His BMW and saying after Ignored whistle ""I know you hear me so don't make me come get you!""

Illegal Helmet........ bumper to fender traffic on Narrows Bridge in Tacoma Wa. and Him whistling...
Me looking straight ahead...
He saying I knew you heard me...
Me saying I thought you were Just admiring My bike. Ha ha.

no HA HA from him just a ticket.

are you sure Whistle is from your bike?

bubbie

LOL Bet you were praying he was admiring your bike. Would of loved to have seen that, Bubbie. Funny story.

Hey Everyone all fixed. Thanks for all the ideas. I started eliminating things one by one. It turns out it was the after market cowling around the headlight. There was a gap between the piece and the headlight. I put tape over it and the noise stopped. Those things just don't fit super snug.

The final fix was to use the chrome rubber door edge guard material used on cars around the inner edge of the cowling. It fills the gap and you can't even tell it's there. I tightened up the cowling and good to go. Problem solved. Whew that was a wierd one.

I was betting it was an admiring cop!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back