free website stats program Air & Fuel Upgrade | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air & Fuel Upgrade

I checked other websites and surveys of the numbers that other people are achieving because you had me worried that something was wrong or worst yet I wasted my money.

Your only looking at the peak values which can be misleading. You did not say where the bike was tested. What was your elevation. Take a look at your dyno sheets and see what the recorded baro was. Anything higher than 29.92 & it would be corrected to your disadvantage and your numbers are actually higher.

I am located in Jacksonville FL. cannot say where all the others where located, my purpose was to state average gains.

Slapp your numbers are great for a stage 1, could not ask for any better. The higher torque at lower rpm's does make it feel faster at low end, in fact over all. A stock TC is only about 62-66 hp tops, I think there was a little confusion on what you had done by some, but also it's about the ride, sounds like the bike is smooth & powerful, that's what it's all about, more then just top end numbers anyways, but you have them too. You got the best bang for your buck, from now on them pony's get pricey, but you have a full herd of them now, enjoy. :rider

Thanks Chopper. Maybe next winter I will add some cams. For now though I am really pleased with the way it is running.

Hey Slapp,
I'm going to put on V&H monster ovals, K&N filter, SEST as soon as the weather clears enough to get the bike to the dealer, when I do I'll post my readings and maybe that will help with what the numbers are supposed to be. One thing the the dyno tech told me is that he won't dyno the bike until the temperature is above 40 degrees, is that because of the air density? If so is there a temperature that is ideal for dyno tuning? Just trying to stay educated on all this and get the best results.

Trek dyno's are usually in dyno rooms in doors so temp should not be a problem, but if you go to southern Cal along the coast about 2 am riding, the bike will run like it's never ran before, sea level, cool temps and high humidity. When tuning, the software adjust for everything, not perfect but it does adjust and while there might be a perfect temp for getting higher numbers the tuning will be fine. You're going to ride in those temps why not tune? I've had to wear a down coat sometimes in our tuning room first thing in the morning, important thing is engine temp when tuning. But don't push the dyno tech, happy dyno tech, happy bike:)

Hey Chopper,
Thanks for the quick reply. The dyno tech I talked to said he actually opens up the door to the outside abd draws in fresh air with some fans along with other fans blowing on the bike also. I'm just a little nervous and want to make sure everything is done right. Sometimes I get a little over cautious. Thanks again.

I checked other websites and surveys of the numbers that other people are achieving because you had me worried that something was wrong or worst yet I wasted my money. After my check I selected the first ten (10) people who posted their DYNO sheets who only did an up-grade of slip-ons, air filters, and tuners and this is what I did. I added all the numbers together and divided by ten so I can get a good average. These are the numbers I came up with for an overall average.
• HP 74.1
• Torque 81.5
My numbers on the DYNO sheet are;
• HP 74.53
• Torque 89.43
With that said Mavagrand, if your numbers are close to that on a completely stock bike then you must have that rare bike that you here about, that comes from the factory with all the perfect parts assembled at that one specific moment in time. If I was in your position I would not change anything on that bike…ever.
Rode the bike again yesterday on a nice chilly round trip ride about 90 miles each direction (total 180 miles) with the new set-up. Rush 1.5 slash down slip-ons, HD Heavy Breather air intake/filter, HD Super tuner then had it put on the DYNO by the Dealership. The bike had clean crisp response, slightly elevated speeds at lower RPM. Definitely runs cooler and faster. Down side- seems to use a little more fuel than before. If my calculations are right then I am down about 2 to 3 miles per gallon. However time will tell for sure on that.
Everyone enjoy your day and remember, Bike Week is just around the corner.

Slapp,

OK. Not only do I stand corrected on the HP/TQ numbers, I need to correct the misconception that I had my bike dynoed as I did not and apologize. The numbers I quoted were taken out of one of those Motorcycle magazines. One day I wanted to know what the HP was on my bike and, since HD does not readily make that available, I was having a difficult time finding it. I located an article about an 08 Ultra that quoted 71.4 HP and 83.sumthin TQ. Don't ask me which mag cause I don't remember, I just typed the numbers on a label and stuck it inside my tourpack for future reference. Obviously I either read the numbers wrong or they posted numbers for a non stock scoot. Didn't mean to cause you any worry, sounds like your numbers are actually better than average and your enjoying your bike so good for you. By the way, I live in Lakeland and will be heading to Daytona this Sunday. Shoot me a PM if your gonna be down..I'll buy you lunch.

Back