free website stats program air-fuel question | Harley Davidson Forums

air-fuel question

I bought my bike used and have found the o2 sensors aren't connected. I'm suspecting that the bike had a tuner in it but doesn't anymore, probably removed before I bought it. Should I reconnect them or get another tuner. All it's got is pipes and back plate is removed behind air filter. Not planning any other mods in the future. I just want the bike to run right. I bought the bike from an independent dealer and now i'm finding a lot of things missing. Beware of the small independent dealers!

If that's all the mods that are done you won't really need a tuner. If your leaving it stock other than what you mentioned I'd re hook the o2 sensor and that should do the trick.

I bought my bike used and have found the o2 sensors aren't connected. I'm suspecting that the bike had a tuner in it but doesn't anymore, probably removed before I bought it. Should I reconnect them or get another tuner. All it's got is pipes and back plate is removed behind air filter. Not planning any other mods in the future. I just want the bike to run right. I bought the bike from an independent dealer and now i'm finding a lot of things missing. Beware of the small independent dealers!
http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-2362.html Look here first, do you have any codes?

Before I do that is it possible that maybe there might be a tune in the ecm without an actual tuner plugged in?

At best it will be a H D download that is EPA compliant, if your bike is set for O2 sensors I do not see this kind of rewrite able to compensate for the sensors JMO

Back