free website stats program Air Cleaner Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Cleaner Kit

lowrider1963

I have V&H pipes on my 2010 FXDC, but still have OEM air cleaner and want to upgarde to a Screamin' Eagle® Stage I Air Cleaner Kit. I can install myself easy enough, but do I need to recalibrate or can the EFI adjust to the mod? If calibration is required, is this something I can do with out have any custom tools (Digital Technician)?

+++ w/Hobbit's recommendation IRT Dobeck TFI - GEN3's are out & I plan to swap mine soon...

Rule of thumb is: You can get away with just slip-on mufflers but you will get popping on decel. As soon as you add the hi-flow a/c....you're going to need more fuel. A DFO is the economy way of adding fuel but in my opinion if you really want to do it right, you want to use either the SE Super Tuner or the TTS Mastertune. You can use these to reflash your ECM with an updated map based on the components that you installed. You can then use the Smart Tune feature. Basicly, you plug the VCI module into the data link connector under your fuse cover and then the info that you download from real time riding is used to modify your base map. I had a DFO on my Dyna and it was satisfactory....but when I changed to the SEST...........WOW!

Back