free website stats program Aiming/Adjusting headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

Aiming/Adjusting headlight

blackant

I did a search and couldn't find the answer so I apologize if this has been answered before. I have a 2006 CVO fat boy and just put a Ramjet Night Prowler Headlight. I've read different ways to aim the headlight; 25 feet from a wall and low beam should be 2 inches below the center of the headlight height, or the high beam should be aimed at the middle of the headlight level, etc etc. What method do all you guys recommend?

you will need an assistant a flat piece of ground and a wall
put front whell of bike against wall you sitting on it switch on main beam on headlight and get assistant to mark centre of glow on wall with a cross + i use some eletrical tape as it is easy to remove afterwards
move bike straight back from wall 20 feet or so and ensure glow of headligh still on the +
select dipped headlight and the angle of the shaded area should change in the centre of the +
As i am in the UK the shadded area on the dip beam will be on the other side from yours
However a motorcycle garage should be able to check your alignment with the correct equipment for a small fee

Brian

Brian has you covered on this, it's much easier with 2 people. On my softail custom, I used the 25 foot guideline as an initial setting and then ride it, for my preference moved the light down just a little, using a stock headlight. You may get better performance from your headlight.

Back