free website stats program Advice, please, on bringing a bike back to life | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice, please, on bringing a bike back to life

Thanks. Good suggestion.

Might get the bike anyway if he is unable to dispose of it before his final move. At that point parting it out would make sense.

Bill

:D:D:D

Bill,

That Might be a way to make enough $$$ to put a GOOD down payment on that New One...(our wives are similar in the: Just go BUY IT New):s
always wanted one myself.. New that is.:p

signed....BUBBIE

In the past I have never made money restoring a bike it always seems to be a loss
However if I had spent the time I spent on the restoration in the pub having a beer I would have had a greater loss and would not have a finished bike that I was proud of restoring
As stuff goes wrong during a restoration you learn a lot about yourself
Would I do it again ? absolutely

Brian

In the past I have never made money restoring a bike it always seems to be a loss
However if I had spent the time I spent on the restoration in the pub having a beer I would have had a greater loss and would not have a finished bike that I was proud of restoring
As stuff goes wrong during a restoration you learn a lot about yourself
Would I do it again ? absolutely

Brian

Shirley Brian you mean Restoring IN the PUB...:cheers:cheers: but just a few...:naughty

signed....BUBBIE

The Pub is for recuperating and restoration is in the shed unless it is restoring sanity then perhaps the pub is good

Brian

Final Followup

The Moto Guzzi was sold to another rider we know. This guy has restored a Suzuki 500 Titan 2 cycle and is working (slowly) on a Triumph Spitfire (auto). His daily ride is a Triumph Speedmaster.

Went for $300, with all manuals and receipts.

Have mixed feeling here. Glad for my friend who was able to pass the Goose along, but concern for the buyer, a guy who is our neighborhood and occasionally rides with us.

Oh, well. Time will tell how this will turn out. If it ever gets on the road will photo and post, but there is a lot between now and then.

Silver

Back