free website stats program Adjustable backrest bracket tip | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjustable backrest bracket tip

USMCCWO5

HD Friends;
A cool tip that I have on my 07 Road King Classic.
I bought the adjustable rider back rest. I originally mounted the bracket that holds the lever on the left side just forward of the side cover. It was ugly and blocked my hand from grabbing some heat from the rear cylinder on cold days.
Moved it to the right side cover. I cut out a hole in the front of the right side cover, drilled two small holes for the self-tapping screws.

If this sounds interesting, I will post some pictures. Nothing disturbs the appearance, but my bike is black so it hides well.

Ride safe.

OK, here is a picture that I cropped. I will take a picture of the side cover with better lighting as soon as I pick up my bike today (oil change, 500mi new engine check).

See, you can't even tell it's there.

Attachments

• FLHRC (9).jpg
    FLHRC (9).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Looking good. Try to get a few pics with the cover off and showing the back also and I'll put it in the self help forum.:s

Looks good.

You betcha, I am going to pick up the RK right now (well, actually when momma gets off the phone), then I will shoot some pictures.

OK, sorry about the delay in posting pictures, I washed my bike and snapped pictures while I had the seat off.

First picture is from the top looking at the cable running from the side cover to the back rest bracket.

Second picture is from the inside of the right side cover. I added one small zip tie inside the lever bracket to ensure the cable doesn't slip off.

No cost, looks much better, works just like original mounting location.

Attachments

• Backrest Mod Small.jpg
    Backrest Mod Small.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 136
  • Backrest Mod (3) Small.jpg
    Backrest Mod (3) Small.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Back