free website stats program ABS pads | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS pads

173ABN

I have read about only using Harley techs to do any brake work on ABS. My question is I have a 09 road King with ABS, can I change the pads front and rear with out any problems or does it need to be done by a tech? I have changed many pads on my bikes w/o ABS.

I have read about only using Harley techs to do any brake work on ABS. My question is I have a 09 road King with ABS, can I change the pads front and rear with out any problems or does it need to be done by a tech? I have changed many pads on my bikes w/o ABS.

I have an 08 Ultra with ABS, have done it many times.

I thought I've read or heard that just changing the pads can be done without a trip to the dealer but if you're going to bleed the brakes or replace the fluid, the dealer has special equipment to do it on the ABS bikes.

You can do this yourself. I would advise to open the bleeders and push the old fluid out while pushing the pistons in, keep the master cylinder cover off and topped off and bleed each whell out good. You dont want to push trash back into the ABS module

Back