free website stats program ABS Info(Light comes on) | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS Info(Light comes on)

J

Jack Klarich

If you bought your bike new, it came with an instructional dvd informing you on how to use the abs and how it functions. If you bought the bike used, go to your local dealer and order the dvd.

The abs light will flash upon initial start because it is running a self-diagnostic check on the system. The light will continue to flash while the bike is sitting still, because the self-diagnostic does not detect wheel speed, once you start moving and the ecm and abs system detects the bike is moving 3-5moh, the light SHOULD stop flashing and turn off. If it remains flashing or stays constanly lit, this indicated an abs system error and MUST be taken to an HD DEALER....the ONLY possible way to detect, repair and service the abs system is specifically done through the dealer-only Digital Technician, this computer diagnostic system is proprietary to HD only and no others.

All HD's since 04, have on-board dignostics that you can check yourself. There are ALOT more codes than what is listed below that can be found in the FACTORY ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSTIC MANUAL, that should be purchased along with a FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL.

I own a 2009 street glide with abs. the abs light is staying on while riding. My dealer service says that the diagnostic is saying that the problem is possibly the tachometer as the abs light is in the tachometer. if that is the case does this malfunction stop the abs from working? Have any others come across this as a cause for abs indicator staying on?

The following came from the ABS section of the 2008 Electrical Diagnostics manual- hopefully close enough until something better comes available...

C0562 Device voltage low
C0563 System voltage high
C1014 ECU internal fault
C1017 Pump motor power circuit open fault
C1018 Pump motor ground high resistance fault
C1021 Front wheel speed sensor equals 0
C1023 Rear wheel speed sensor equals 0
C1025 Front wheel speed signal intermittent
C1027 Rear wheel speed signal intermittent
C1032 Front wheel speed sensor circuit open or shorted
C1034 Rear wheel speed sensor circuit open or shorted
C1042 Pump motor open
C1043 Pump motor stalled
C1055 ECU internal fault
C1056 ECU internal fault
C1057 ECU internal fault
C1061 ECU internal fault
C1062 ECU internal fault
C1065 ECU internal fault
C1066 ECU internal fault
C1094 Front brake switch always on
C1095 Front brake switch open
C1118 ECU internal fault
C1121 ECU internal fault
C1151 Front wheel release too long
C1153 Rear wheel release too long
C1158 Calibration programming required
C1206 Wheel speed sensor frequency out of range
C1208 Wheel speed sensor frequency out of range
C1212 Front or rear brake not applied with decel
C1214 Rear brake switch always on
C1216 Rear brake switch open
U1300 Serial data low
U1301 Serial data open/high

Hey thanks to for your responses. I got more info and a clearer understanding from you folks than my friendly dealer service guy who insinuated i thought he was making this tach thing up ( his exact words were "im not lying") when i asked for a more thorough explanation in my effort to understand what he was talking about as i'm not that HD service knowledgable. From the 2008 diagnostic code list looks like lots of possibilities.

Back