free website stats program Abs Brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

Abs Brakes

joel

We Are Going To Get A 09 Road King And Wanting To Get Some Owner Feed Back About The Abs System, Are You Happy, Does It Help, Should I Be Concerned That Our 08 Ultra Doesn't Have It. That Kind Of Stuff.

Joel, check out the previous thread on this subject. Personally, I wouldn't have a bike without ABS. I've ridden alot of bikes without and one with before I got my /09 Ultra and ABS was a must for me on the Ultra. In a panic stop, most of us will lock up the rear wheel...maybe professional riders won't but the rest of us probably will. When that happens, it's been my experience that the rear wheel kicks out to the left. This doesn't happen with ABS. Instead, the bike stops in a straight line. I'll stick with ABS thanks.

I have the ABS on my 08. Have had the rear kick in a couple times in the rain. Does take a little of the feel out but it more than makes up for it.

I think it's a good thing, I've had one total panic stop and it was amazing, seemed to suck the bike down to the road and seriously stop it. My 09SG came with a DVD that explains/demonstrates it pretty well. ABS GOOD!!

Thanks For The Feed Back, Just What I Needed To Get Off The Fence And Decide.

Back